Until further notice all consultation services are being provided by video conferencing due to COVID-19 physical distancing requirements.
EMDR Consultation Groups for Winter-Spring 2022
Do you ever:
- wish you could use EMDR Therapy with more of your current clients?
- want to increase your technical skills in EMDR’s multiple applications?
- long to increase your confidence when doing EMDR?
- want to talk about your challenges with others using EMDR Therapy?
EMDR Group Consultation can help you accomplish each of these. There are several different types of EMDR consultation groups offered. All are via Zoom, so your location does not matter. You only need access to a reliable internet connection that will support video conference platforms.
The new EMDRIA Consultation Packet (2020) has been released. There are changes in how Individual Consultation Hours for Certification are obtained. The changes took effect Jan. 1, 2020. Now Individual Consultation hours can only be accumulated when 1, 2 or 3 consultees are meeting with an Approved Consultant. Given these new rules, I am offering “small groups” for accumulating “individual consultation hours” on a pro-rated basis. For example, if a group of 3 consultees meet for 2 hours, everybody will receive 0.66 hr of individual consultation + 1.33 hr of group consultation.
I am also offering two groups for Consultants-in-Training (CITs) if there is sufficient interest. As always, one-to-one consultation at any level is also available.
This is the schedule for the various consultation services offered by Jim Lichti, subject to sufficient enrollment. The meeting times are shown in Eastern Time zone. If you need assistance to convert to your time zone click here .
Mondays, 9-11 a.m. ET – small group (max 3) for individual hours for Certification
- Jan 3, Feb 7, March 7, Apr 4, May 2 & June 6 1 space available
Mondays, 12-2 p.m. ET - large group (max 6) for group hours for Certification
- Jan 3, Feb 7, March 7, Apr 4, May 2 & June 6 FULL
Mondays, 6-8 p.m. ET - Consultants-in-Training group, 4 max. [10 sessions spread over 12 months]
- Jan 3, Feb 7, March 7, Apr 4, May 2 & June 6; & 4 Fall dates TBD 1 space available
Wednesdays, 9-11 a.m. ET - large group (6 max) for group hours for Certification
- Jan 5, Feb 9, March 9, Apr 6, May 4 & June 8 1 space available
Wednesdays, 12-2 p.m. ET – Consultants-in-Training group, 4 max. [6 sessions spread over 12 months]
- Jan 5, March 9, May 4 & June 8; & 2 Fall dates TBD FULL
Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m. ET - small group (max 3) for individual hours for Certification
- Jan 5, Feb 9, March 9, Apr 6, May 4 & June 8 1 space available
Fridays, 9-11 a.m. ET – small group (max 3) for individual hours for Certification
- Jan 7, Feb 11, March 11, Apr 8, May 6 & June 10 1 space available
Fridays, 12-2 p.m. ET – large group (6 max) for group hours for Certification
- Jan 7, Feb 11, March 11, Apr 8, May 6 & June 10 FULL
Fridays, 3-5 p.m. ET – small group (max 3) for individual hours for Certification
- Jan 7, Feb 11, March 11, Apr 8, May 6 & June 10 cancelled
- One-to-one Consultation at a time mutually agreed upon with Jim
- One-to-one Consultation of Consultation (CIT) at a time mutually agreed upon with Jim
Prerequisites for participating in Consultation are completion of EMDRIA-approved Basic Training and having an active clinical caseload in which you are using EMDR. These hours are eligible towards either Individual or Group Hours for the EMDRIA Certified in EMDR credential.
Prerequisites for participating in the Consultant In Training (CIT) Group are being EMDRIA Certified in EMDR and having at least 2 monthly EMDR consultees. All the hours from this group are eligible for the Approved Consultant in EMDR credential.
How your hourly consultation fee is calculated
Consultees who work ONLY in community-based non-profits pay a reduced consultation fee.
Consultees who work ONLY in government funded organizations pay a slightly higher consultation fee.
For consultees who have any self-employment income (eg - private practice, sub-contractors, etc) I use a sliding scale recognizing that prices in this sector vary widely. If your “standard clinical rate” (defined as the hourly fee charged before discounts) is:
The factors that affect the final price are:
Near the bottom of the Registration Form your fee for consultation will be auto-calculated based on the information you provide.
13% HST is added to all consultation services
Determining your “base consultation rate”
Only work at Non-profit(s) >> $100/hr is your base consultation rate
Only work at government funded organization(s) >> $110/hr is your base consultation rate
Have self-employed counselling income, either part-time or full time >> sliding scale $120-180 is your base consultation rate
(as outlined in cell above)
Consultation for EMDRIA Individual Hours
one-to-one >> base consultation rate X 1.0
small group (max. 3) >> base consultation rate X 0.5
Consultation for EMDRIA Group Hours
large group (6 max.) >> base consultation rate X 0.333
CIT Group (max. 4) >> base consultation rate X 0.5
1 to 1 >> base consultation rate X 1.25
Calculating the total cost of your consultation series is done automatically at the bottom of the Registration Form based on information you provide.
The formula used for calculating your cost for a Consultation Series is:
your base consultation rate X type of consultation X # of hrs + 13% HST = TOTAL COST
Payment is due by January 3, 2022.
E-transfer to [email protected] is the preferred payment method. Cheques are an alternative, mailed to:
651 Columbia Forest Blvd.
Waterloo ON N2V 2K7
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
About EMDR Consultation
EMDR Consultation is a professional development activity for clinicians who have completed an EMDRIA-approved Basic Training in EMDR (eye movement desensitization & reprocessing).
The purposes of EMDR Consultation are:
- to hasten development of conceptual and technical skills in EMDR’s multiple applications
- to learn how to incorporate EMDR into your existing clinical practice
- to increase your confidence in using EMDR
- to complete the 10 hours consultation required for EMDR Training
- to qualify to become EMDRIA Certified in EMDR
- to qualify to become an EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- to keep current with clinical developments in this rapidly evolving specialty
EMDR consultation can be done individually or in small groups. The consultee(s) determine the agenda based on questions/issues arising from their clinical cases. Typical agenda items include:
- discussing clinical challenges
- integrating EMDR into treatment plans
- determining client readiness
- conceptualizing the set-up for EMDR sessions
- problem solving ineffective sessions
- identifying red flags with clients
- identifying sources of further information and skill development
- exploring emerging concepts and applications in EMDR practice
Currently I provide EMDR consultation via:
- face-to-face meetings (not during COVID) or video conferencing with individuals
- face-to-face meetings (not during COVID) or video conferencing with groups
About the Consultant
Jim Lichti, MSW, RSW, EMDRIA Approved Consultant was one of the first Canadians trained in EMDR in 1993. Since then he has conducted thousands of EMDR treatment sessions. He began offering EMDR consultation in 1996. He is EMDRIA Certified in EMDR and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
Jim was a Facilitator with the EMDR Institute Inc. (1996-2003) and a Facilitator with Niagara Trauma & Stress Clinic (2003-18). He was a founding Board member of EMDR Canada from 1995-2004 and continues to serve as the Chair of their Professional Affairs Committee. Jim also served on the Membership Committee of the EMDR International Association from 2006-17. He is also a sponsor of EMDR advanced clinical workshops.
Expanding the role of EMDR Therapy in more of your clinical cases is a goal of consultation. Jim conducted original research on current practices in EMDR Consultation for which he was awarded the 2005 EMDR Canada Research Award. He has presented on this topic six times at the EMDR International Association conference and the EMDR Canada conference as part of his commitment to raising the quality of EMDR treatment provided by psychotherapists.
Jim belongs to the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers and the Ontario Association of Social Workers. He was a Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy and belonged to the Ontario Association for Marriage & Family Therapy and the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy from 1984-2017. Jim was an Associate Practicum Professor – Part-time, Faculty of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University from 1984-2016. During that time he was the Practicum Supervisor for 25 Masters students from Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Toronto and University of Waterloo.
Jim was employed full time in the mental health field for 45 years. He now works part-time, including an extensive consultation practice. Clinically, Jim specializes in working with trauma, particularly with survivors of abuse and neglect and with motor vehicle accident injuries. He has extensive experience working on multidisciplinary teams in both Children's Mental Health Centres and Community Health Centres.